Pharnext SA (FR001400BV89:ALPHA), an innovative biopharmaceutical company that is developing groundbreaking treatments for neurodegenerative disorders with an urgent need for solutions, is delighted to welcome Scott Johnson to its Senior Leadership Team as Vice President, Head of Quality. This crucial appointment comes as the company prepares to announce the results of its pivotal Phase III clinical study of the drug candidate PXT3003 for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A (CMT1A).
Scott brings more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare sector to his roles in quality management and compliance. He joins from Oyster Point Pharma, where he was Head of Quality Assurance, overseeing all quality-related functions during the successful launch of their first commercial product. He has also held roles at Johnson & Johnson and Warner Chilcott, and previously served in the United States Navy. Scott has a BA in Organizational Management from the Eastern University, St. David’s, PA. With his extensive background in this field, Scott is well-equipped to take on any challenge in quality and compliance within the healthcare industry.
At Pharnext, Scott will spearhead the Company’s Quality strategy and ensure its operational execution. He will be in charge of ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements in the areas of Manufacturing, Laboratory and Clinical. Additionally, he will strive to promote a quality mindset across the Company and collaborate with cross-departmental leadership to guarantee the delivery of top-notch products and services.
A renewed and enriched SLT
Pharnext has completed its Strategic Leadership Team with the appointment of a new expert. This team consists of experienced professionals who specialise in their respective areas and are ready to help guide the company forward. Together, they are now fully equipped to tackle any challenge and lead Pharnext to success:
- Hugo Brugière MSc is a serial entrepreneur with a remarkable portfolio of more than twenty companies. Since December 2022, he has been Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, specializing in stock market and the restructuring/turnarounds of listed companies. With his experience and expertise, Hugo is sure to make a positive impact in his new role.
- Burkhard Blank, MD, brings an impressive 25 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry to his role as Chief Medical Officer, beginning in January 2022. His extensive knowledge in global drug development, medical and regulatory affairs, and pharmacovigilance is invaluable in this position. He is well-equipped to lead the organization in its mission to develop groundbreaking treatments and therapies.
- Dr. Rob Quinn has been Chief Financial Officer since September 2022, and in his career has successfully raised over €200 million in financing – an impressive feat for any executive. His expertise and acumen have proven invaluable in steering the company’s financial strategy, and his track record speaks for itself.
- Xavier Paoli, MSc, has been a crucial part of the team since April 2014 as Chief Operating Officer. With almost two decades of experience in drug commercialization, he has dedicated his expertise to tackling diseases with high unmet medical need without acceptable therapeutic solutions. His strong leadership and expertise in this field have been instrumental in driving the success of the organization.
- Antoine Gravelle has been General Counsel since July 2022 and brings with him an impressive 15 years of legal expertise within the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. During his career, he has held high-profile positions at Sanofi, Cellectis, and OSE Immunotherapeutics.
- Raj Thota, MSc, has been blazing a trail in the pharmaceutical industry since August 2021, when he was appointed Chief Manufacturing Officer and Head of CMC. With over 28 years of experience, he has had an impressive track record of leading the development, optimization and launch of a range of complex and patentable clinical stage molecules, including Xtampza® ER Capsules, Vimovo® Tablets, Osmolex® CR Tablets and Entocort® ER Capsules.
- Melissa Israel, BSc, has brought her decades of clinical research experience as a results-driven leader to Gan & Lee Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, Pfizer, Inc. and Rhône-Poulenc Rorer (now Sanofi) to her role as VP, Clinical Operations since December 2020. She has a long record of success in the field and is committed to driving positive outcomes.
- Abhijit Pangu, MPharm, has been a stalwart in the pharmaceutical industry for the past two decades, guiding drug development and navigating the ever-changing global regulatory landscape. Since October 2021, he has taken on the role of Head of Regulatory Affairs, where he looks forward to continuing his exemplary work.
I am thrilled to welcome Scott to the Pharnext Senior Leadership Team, where his expertise in quality assurance across the supply chain will be an invaluable asset as we move forward with our lead candidate PXT3003 and its pivotal Phase III PREMIER trial for the treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A. I look forward to working with him!
Scott Johnson is delighted to be joining Pharnext as Vice President and Head of Quality, as the company moves ever closer to providing much-needed solutions to those suffering from CMT1A. He is enthusiastic to be part of this life-changing journey.
Pharnext is an innovative biopharmaceutical company with the goal of developing revolutionary treatments for neurodegenerative diseases. Its two lead products, PXT3003 and PXT864, are currently undergoing clinical trials, with PXT3003 recently producing positive topline results for the treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A. Additionally, PXT3003 has secured orphan drug status in Europe and the US, while PXT864 has generated promising Phase II results in Alzheimer’s disease. All of Pharnext’s assets have been developed through its unique Pleotherapy™ R&D approach, however investors are advised to be aware of the financial and other risks associated with investing in Pharnext.